Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Refrig repair

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Larrycx

Larrycx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

GE mod GSL25JFPABS - how take apart freezer door? I ruined the water hose at bottom and need to replace. Don't know where to start - handle or water inset or door seal.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

Here is the breakdown of your door, probably remove the door and start with the gasket, looks like??
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Larrycx

Larrycx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:38 PM

test

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

Back to you test....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Larrycx

Larrycx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

I took the door seal off and there's no screws that I can see holding the inner door shell to the outer frame. I tried prying the inner shell from the outer frame, but it doesn't give. The diagram you sent doesn't help. I got a piece of trim below the handle off but I can't see how to remove handle. Maybe somebody will come along who knows how to proceed.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:04 PM

Larry, you're gonna need to take the door tight off the hinges. There's hinges at the top and bottom. If the hose is ruined, you'll be replacing it so don't worry about "breaking it more." Item 80 in teh diagram that Pegi so thoughtfully supplied you is a John Guest coupler. Just push in the tube, hold the ring with your thumbnail, then pull out the tube.

Once the door is off, you'll be able to work on it easier.

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:10 AM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

If the hose is ruined, you'll be replacing it so don't worry about "breaking it more." Item 80 in teh diagram that Pegi so thoughtfully supplied you is a John Guest coupler. Just push in the tube, hold the ring with your thumbnail, then pull out the tube.

Once the door is off, you'll be able to work on it easier.

I fear our "Grasshopper" is going to have a little more problems then that Samurai. This appears to be one of GE foamed-in-place doors. The water line doesn't show as a separate part, (the part after the john guest coupler is just the spring waterline protector).

If the waterline is broken off right at the hinge there may not be enough left to repair unless Samurai knows of a way to fish a new water line through the foam door insulation.

You may be looking at replacing the complete door if you want water from your dispenser again, (cost around $330 for a complete new door, with all dispenser components included I believe).
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 Larrycx

Larrycx

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

Thank you. I think it is all glued together. Do you think if I can remove the door outside inset for the water/ice dispenser that I might be able to pull the hose out and drag a new hose in? Or would it be encased too tight in the foam?

#9 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:57 AM

If this is the foamed-in-place door then I don't think you will have much luck. I've never had the occassion to be faced with the operation that you are looking at preforming so can't help you much.

You will have to wait for some of the other gurus that have worked on these "WONDERFUL GE PRODUCTS -- Bringing good things to like---like ya right....."
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics