Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag MVWC300VW spin problem PLEASE look

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeff1

jeff1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

ok i am highly mechanically inclined, this washer has me frustrated, as it is only 3 months [ast manufacturers warranty. what it does is it fills ok, it agitates, and WHENEVER it goes to drain and spin after agitating the drain operates OK, the spin, well this spin is very slow, and not really a spin. i have found that if you open and close the lid to stop and restart it, you can hear a noise when it starts and it immediatley goes into a good spin. i looked at other topics and found that people said bad drive coupler, well i dont think it could be that it if works after a lid switch cycle. and i found lots a of topics where the helper asked if it would spin after a lid switch cycle, everybody said no... but mine does and i think its in the clutch, but i am not sure just what part is the clutch on this, i cant find much info on this unit and i am starting to regret buying it. i would really just like some help on this. to recap, when it goes into spin cycle after agitate, the pump runs and drains like a mad dog, but the spin it just goes what appears to be a just a little faster than the rate of a second hand on a clock. but if you stop and restart it, it goes fine, the motor does sound like it is strained while it cant spin.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

The machine should run in the drain only portion for a few minutes and then when the timer advances, the motor gets paused which activates spin (like you do when you open the lid)
I'm assuming it's a rebadged direct drive, couldn't get your model to show

Edited by kdog, 04 December 2010 - 09:16 PM.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

standard WP DD model number is OK at SearsPartsDirect.com

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 jeff1

jeff1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

mine does not have the pause, it agitates, and stops, then it spins/drains simutaneously. i have it apart right now, it appears a slipping clutch is not releasing the brake. i will reply when i get it back together, it seems excess lube from manufacturing as seeped down the shaft and gotten onto the clutch material. this unit is just over 1 year old.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

mine does not have the pause,

Oh, its got it - check and make sure something hasn't gotten between the tubs

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 06 December 2010 - 06:21 PM.
Fixed broken quotation.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 TRIT0N

TRIT0N

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

also make sure it isn't in a cold area of the basement, anything below 61 f can cause the grease to get too thick and hang up the neutral drain

#7 jeff1

jeff1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

ok well its back together and trying to run now, i apologize you are correct it does have neutral drain, which is working, but soon the final rinse cycle then spin cycle. i cant wait to see if i fixed it. i used a mix of two comments i have seen, i cleaned off the clutch material, and cleaned it and the clutch drum with brake clean, then added a #10 washer to one side of the clutch spring within the spring retainer so as to add a little more preload.guess what the washer just completed all cycles as designed!!!! yay!!!!! so now that you have my interest, i understand the motor turns one direction for wash and recirculate / agitate and the other for spin and drain, but how does it do a neutral drain? how can it turn to drain the pump but not spin the basket? i would like to know and understand. i have inspected the inner and outer basket, there are no foreign objects that have snuck past at all.

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

787772 #4.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics