Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel GWL11 won't spin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kolins

Kolins

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

OK, we took the diverter valve off. It is not blocked.

Our problem is:

machine will not spin - it keeps saying it is out of balance, even with nothing in the basket at all.

Diverter valve is not blocked.

All the springs are intact.

No fault code comes on when we run the diagnostic.

Any suggestions? I see that one suggestion is that the clutch might be blocked. How do we get to the clutch? Right now, our machine is on its side. Do we need to go down through the top to get there?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

This model determines out-of-balance via a microswitch in the console triggered by a lever that protrudes down into the cabinet at the right rear corner. The tub bumps the lever if it oscillates excessively. The microswitch can fail/get stuck which will cause the control board to constantly register an out-of-balance load. Solution is replace the microswitch. Even if the diverter was clogged, it has nothing to do with an out-of-balance situation.

#3 Kolins

Kolins

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

New problem - we took the washer apart, and the plug came out of the display module. Now we don't see a place to plug it back into the display module. Is it possible the display module's plug got knocked inside the display module, and if so, how do we disassemble the display module to get the plug back in it?

#4 Kolins

Kolins

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

Also, what is the microswitch called on the parts list? I don't see it on the parts list that we have.

#5 Kolins

Kolins

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

One more - if that was the problem, why didn't it register on the diagnostic test? We came up with no faults. We can't run the diagnostic test again, since we can't figure out how to plug in the display module.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics