Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Freezer light switch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheel Technician

Tarheel Technician

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Whirlpool freezer model #EV171NYMQ02.

Brand new freezer. When door closes, it barely pushes the light switch far enough for the light to go out. Sometimes it goes out, sometimes it does not. When the door is closed, you can barely pull on it and see the light come on. I tried adjusting the door....it helped a little, but not enough. I'm going to replace the switch to see if a new switch's contacts will open earlier than the old switch.

I'm still a fairly new technician, and I've never actually had to replace one of these switches. The switch I took out of this freezer was broke. I'm not sure if I broke it removing it or not (probably so), but the wires don't seem to pull out of the liner. It seems to me that they have to in order to replace this switch.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:52 PM

I wold be calling for warranty service if this is a brand new freezer, those may be foamed in with a kit to repair the switch and wiring. Have seen this with other brands.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

Unless you're the guy doing this as a warranty job. :yikes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics