Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Oven Flashing Locked Door

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vol4One

Vol4One

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

I have a GE JKP85W0A3WW oven/microwave combo. For some reason, the oven display is flashing LOCKED DOOR. The is not locked but the oven is not operable either. I've tried shutting the breaker off to the oven for over an hour and that did not work. I've tried running the oven through a complete self-clean cycle and that did not work. The oven didn't even heat up during the cycle. I've tried opening the door, pressing the black button, starting the cycle, wait 10 seconds and then cancel, wait 10 more seconds and let go of the button. That did not work either. Does anyone have any other advice? GE doesn't have over-the-phone technical support and I hate to call the serviceman if I don't need to.

Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

from the GE 31-9084 Service Manual:
Motorized Door Lock
The motorized door lock assembly is located above the oven.
The assembly consists of a lock motor cam and switch assembly,
lock hook, heat barrier, and mounting plate.
Access to this assembly, for single and upper ovens, is behind the control panel.
For lower ovens, access is behind the trim cover between the 2 ovens.

Motorized Door Lock Operation
The lock motor is energized when the control is set for Clean and Clean Time selected.
The K1 relay contact will close and complete the circuit that supplies the voltage to the lock motor.
Note: The display of the Control will flash LOCK DOOR if the door switch is in the C to NC position
(Door open).
The words LOCKED DOOR will flash on and off in the display while the lock motor is in motion.
When the door is locked the words LOCKED DOOR remains illuminated in the display.
The cam on the motor performs two functions:
1. Positions the lock hook in the door to prevent opening during Clean operation.
2. Operates the lock switches that tell the control if the door is unlocked or locked and ready for Clean operation.
Note: When door is either being locked or unlocked, both lock switches will be in the open position.

For Service Manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice Appliantologist==>
http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Vol4One

Vol4One

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the advice but I'm not quite sure what it all means. Do I need to replace my door lock?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

one if the Switches may be bad,
or the Motor,
or the Controller

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,712 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for the advice but I'm not quite sure what it all means. Do I need to replace my door lock?

Means you dust off the ol' meter, dig out the wiring diagram for the microwave (inside the control compartment) and get down and nasty wif dat bad boy. We can point you in the right direction but you'll need to troubleshoot. Sublime Master Reg narrowed it down for you. Now, you may ax, "Wherefore art those switches of which thou speakest with golden tongue, O most Sublime One?" or, "Pray tell thine unworthy servant, O Exahalted One, which motor dost thou refer me to?"

Can I hear an, "Amen?" :freakykiss:

#6 Vol4One

Vol4One

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

I have a volt meter but I'm not sure exactly what I need to be checking. I took the cover off to expose the lock motor but other than, I have no clue. Do I need to take it apart farther than that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics