Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Gallery Washer GLTF 2070

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 junebug

junebug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hoegarden

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hello - we have a frigidaire Gallery front load washer model GLTF2070DSO. When washing a load, the wash continues normally through the cycles, but when the timer gets to 4 minutes, and the final spin, the load continues to spin gently and the timer never advances past 4...it just gets stuck. Even after restarting final spin, it keeps getting stuck on 4 minutes. When you force stop the machine, the clothes seem damp, but not overly wet - so I don't know why it would keep spinning. Any help is greatly appreciated!

THANKS

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

When the Washer is in the final Spin Cycle, unplug the Washer Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.
Can you immediately open the Door, or only after a few minutes ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 junebug

junebug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

When you unplug the washer in the final spin cycle, it takes a few minutes to unlock to the door.

J

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

...it takes a few minutes to unlock to the door...

that's good
any Error Codes ?

Membrane Keypad Test
To activate, unplug power cord and reconnect.
Press and hold TEMPS and STOP keypads simultaneously at least 2-3 seconds within 10 seconds of power up.
Test Sequence:
- Press each keypad (CYCLES, TEMPS, SPEED, OPTIONS etc.) separately to verify each keypad functions and all the LEDs for the selection light up
- Press START to verify Display readouts are functional
- Proceed to functional “On Line Test” below
On Line Test Sequence
This is a functional test for the washer.
After first pressing Stop, each successive press of the Start keypad advances the test as noted:
- Press STOP to begin test for hot water operation (H appears in display alternating with numerical value from sensor, water enters, tub rotates)
- Press Start to test for cold water operation (C appears in display alternating with numerical value from sensor, water enters, tub rotates)
- Press Start to test for warm water operation (HC appears in display alternating with numerical value from sensor, water enters, tub rotates)
- Press Start to test for water to bleach chamber (bL appears is display, water enters)
- Press Start to test for water to fabric softener chamber (FA appears in display, water enters)
- Press Start for internal release of door, factory use only (dr appears in display, water stops)
- Press Start to test for agitation and warm water (HC appears in display, water enters until pressure switch is satisfied, tub rotates in agitation)
- Press Start to test for final spin
(FS appears in display, pumpout begins and tub begins start of spin cycle, first with load-balancing phase then begins spin after about 1 ¼ minutes)
- Press STOP then START to repeat the On Line Test sequence
- To exit test mode, press CYCLES and STOP simultaneously. Washer will be reset for regular operation. Press STOP again to turn off machine

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 junebug

junebug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

Thanks, I will try all of that, there are no error codes, just stops at 4 minutes.

#6 junebug

junebug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hello - Sorry for the late reply. The washer is in a rental property and it took me a couple weeks to get in. I went through the kepad test as outlined. The spin cycle worked normally, but seemed to take a long time. I don't know how long its supposed to spin for, but it seemed long. There were no errors.

Thanks,
Julie

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,870 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

How long? Run it again and while watching the clock so we can get a rough time idea.

Is it getting up to high speed spin where it ramps up and sounds like it's gonna explode?

#8 junebug

junebug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hello - I went through the test sequence again and the Final Spin (FS) part went normally - draining, load balancing and then into final spin (2:26pm). It sounded normal, it was not particularly loud, it did increase in speed after about 4 minutes (2:30 pm) it went faster, but it was still pretty quiet. After 10 minutes (2:36), it slowed down and then it completely stopped after 11 minutes (2:37 pm).

#9 junebug

junebug

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

I just tried the "quick wash" cycle instead of the "normal" cycle. This time, it did not hang up on 4 minutes. The spin cycle started and the readout said 12 minutes, and proceeded normally. The whole wash cycle did take longer than the 36 minutes on the readout, more like 45 minutes, but overall it proceeded normally. I am going to try it again on the Normal cycle and see if it is only something that happens on that particular cycle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics