Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Hotpoint Fridge HSS25IFMDWW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hawgwildtours

hawgwildtours

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

I bought this frig cheap thinking it had a defrost problem as the lady i got it from said it would work a while and then the temps would start rising.When i got it home and took the back off i found a tap valve on the service line.It was running a 20 in vacum.It had a restriction where the cap tube starts,after cutting out a inch or so of the cap tube and replacing the filter dryer i have it colling good .The coil seems to be frosting completly and the temps are 0 to minus 8 in the freezer and 31 to 36 in the frig.The problem i have now is it never seems to cut off.It is in my garage now and it is cool ,30s at nite and up in the 60s today,and everytime i check on it it is running.My low side pressure is around 0 and high side pressure is around 200 or more.This is a nice looking frig ,i hate to give up on it when i feel like i am very close to having it fixed.Also i replaced the solenoid that operates the ice flapper as it was totaly rusted over.this is probley one of the ge friges that has the problem with the doors that they recalled.Sorry for the spelling but spell check would not work...thanks in advance for any help

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,848 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

Low side pressure is about right but the high side is way too high. There's probably moisture in the system and the filter-drier is probably fouled and needs to be replaced. You'll need to evacuate the system, pull and deep vacuum and hold it for a good 20 minutes to half hour, braze in a new filter drier, pressurize with nitrogen and try to find and leak, repair if found, and then finally recharge the system according to the exact charge on the model number tag.

#3 hawgwildtours

hawgwildtours

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

Thanks wise one..I was thinking that that was very high but the temps were so good i had some false hope.My first clue was if i cut it off i had to wait a long time for the high side pressures to come down low enough for the compresor to restart..Thanks for the help..I will pull another vacuum and change the filter dryer.What should the high side pressures be?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,848 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

High side should be in the range of 90 to 125 psig, varies with ambient temperature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics