Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

4everJAZZ

viking range VGIC3676BSS burners wont stop clicking after numerous repairs

9 posts in this topic

viking range burners wont stop clicking after 4 spark module replacements and 14 burner base replacement and... 3 ignitor replacements over a 1.5 year period by 3 different companies and 6 visits. The owner is ready to throw his hands up, but I believe it can be fixed. I just changed the 6switches and am about ready to change the wiring for the switches, but thought I'd ask advice of the forum first. The ticking is a sloowww ticking, it will stop for a little while but then start back up after a few minutes. On some of the repairs before it would stop for a while ( a few months , but then come right back. Question is... wut to do NOW???? a quik response would REALLY be appreciated.... THX.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

...viking range burners won't stop clicking
is this with the Burners turned OFF or ON ?

Does this happen when any Burner is on, or only a certain Burner ?

The Re-ignition Module will send a spark to the surface burner electrodes when there is no flame sensed at the electrode.

i had this same problem with a unit that had reignition

turned out the installer had reversed line and neutral, you might wanna try swapping your 2 lines in and see if this corrects the problem

i hate to beat a dead horse, but how's yer power???

polarity is correct?

is the receptacle grounded? i never overlook this as it has burned me before...

Ditto! Ditto!

So... to try and adress All of yern input...1) No the polarity was Not looked at (DOH!) and YES... it should have been. 2)YES, it IS clicking when ANY burner is turned on, But... not when it is off. No clicking then. The obvious would be the spark module, but its been changed out FOUR times already by other tech's and by VIKINGS recommendation (who also told the other tech's to change out the burner bases [all of them 2ce and two of them another time]). The owner says that it worked fine for almost 2 years then the "tick,tick,tick started". and no matter whats done it KEEPS coming back

The tick is a slowwww tick almost 1 per second. Maybe two (didnt time it). THIS job is an hour away and has to go thru his homeowners ins. for every approval. I need all the ammo I can get on this puppy so I can KEEP my SHINE...... :imnotworthy:

Reignition moudule proves flame via grounding through the flame, perhaps there is a codition within this "return" circuit

SENSAI... I am STILL an apprentice, so forgive me when I say... HUH??? :wacko:

In order for the spark module to know there has been ignition and discontinue sending spark, it sends a small current through the ignitor which can flow through the flame, and then returns to the module through ground. Therefore, there will be ground connectores both at burner and at module, any mix up in wiring, or poorly connecting terminal will break this circuit and initiate reignition