Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

viking range VGIC3676BSS burners wont stop clicking after numerous repairs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:george killian (Irish Red)

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

viking range burners wont stop clicking after 4 spark module replacements and 14 burner base replacement and... 3 ignitor replacements over a 1.5 year period by 3 different companies and 6 visits. The owner is ready to throw his hands up, but I believe it can be fixed. I just changed the 6switches and am about ready to change the wiring for the switches, but thought I'd ask advice of the forum first. The ticking is a sloowww ticking, it will stop for a little while but then start back up after a few minutes. On some of the repairs before it would stop for a while ( a few months , but then come right back. Question is... wut to do NOW???? a quik response would REALLY be appreciated.... THX.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

...viking range burners won't stop clicking

is this with the Burners turned OFF or ON ?
Does this happen when any Burner is on, or only a certain Burner ?

The Re-ignition Module will send a spark to the surface burner electrodes when there is no flame sensed at the electrode.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

i had this same problem with a unit that had reignition

turned out the installer had reversed line and neutral, you might wanna try swapping your 2 lines in and see if this corrects the problem

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

i hate to beat a dead horse, but how's yer power???

polarity is correct?

is the receptacle grounded? i never overlook this as it has burned me before...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Ditto! Ditto!
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

So... to try and adress All of yern input...1) No the polarity was Not looked at (DOH!) and YES... it should have been. 2)YES, it IS clicking when ANY burner is turned on, But... not when it is off. No clicking then. The obvious would be the spark module, but its been changed out FOUR times already by other tech's and by VIKINGS recommendation (who also told the other tech's to change out the burner bases [all of them 2ce and two of them another time]). The owner says that it worked fine for almost 2 years then the "tick,tick,tick started". and no matter whats done it KEEPS coming back

The tick is a slowwww tick almost 1 per second. Maybe two (didnt time it). THIS job is an hour away and has to go thru his homeowners ins. for every approval. I need all the ammo I can get on this puppy so I can KEEP my SHINE...... :imnotworthy:

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Reignition moudule proves flame via grounding through the flame, perhaps there is a codition within this "return" circuit
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

SENSAI... I am STILL an apprentice, so forgive me when I say... HUH??? :wacko:

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

In order for the spark module to know there has been ignition and discontinue sending spark, it sends a small current through the ignitor which can flow through the flame, and then returns to the module through ground. Therefore, there will be ground connectores both at burner and at module, any mix up in wiring, or poorly connecting terminal will break this circuit and initiate reignition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics