Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Dryer DV306BEW/XAC will not stop after reaching 1 minute left

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Insane666

Insane666

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

I have a dryer (DV306BEW/XAC) that after reaching 1 minute left will continue to run forever. I think I've tested and tried almost everything I can think of. There is no lint blockage or error codes and everything runs perfectly except that it will not shut off. For some reason, it will stop on its own with the front of the dryer off. I bypassed the door switch and ran it for 6 minutes (The shortest setting) and every time it stops by itself after the 6 minutes. But, when the door is put back on, it will not shut off. I disconnected the moisture sensor, so I don't believe that is the cause. I replaced a thermistor and a thermostat cutoff in the exhaust, but that did not have any affect. Seeing as how everything runs fine, I don't believe it is the control board either. Anyone have any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

... it will stop on its own with the front of the dryer off.

Dryer Cabinet must be assembled for correct air-flow.
May be shutiing OFF from over-heating with Front removed.

Is is stopping at 1 minute only in the Auto Dry Cycle, or also in the Timed Dry Cycle ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

I agree, having the front off is likely the key - can you run the machine with the vent disconnected and see what happens ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Insane666

Insane666

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Dryer Cabinet must be assembled for correct air-flow.
May be shutiing OFF from over-heating with Front removed.

Is is stopping at 1 minute only in the Auto Dry Cycle, or also in the Timed Dry Cycle ?

The machine is not stopping at all. Once the timer reaches 1 minute, it will continue to run until I manually turn it off. Found this problem after it burnt a couple loads.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

For some reason, it will stop on its own with the front of the dryer off. I bypassed the door switch and ran it for 6 minutes (The shortest setting) and every time it stops by itself after the 6 minutes.

The difference being the airflow - if it is still heating when the control shows 1 minute (no matter how long it runs) it could well be a failure in the control

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

can you run the machine with the vent disconnected and see what happens ?

#7 Insane666

Insane666

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

Ok, I ran it with the vent disconnected and it worked 3 times in a row. So I guess that means there is a blockage in the vent? I went outside and felt air coming through the vent though.
A question... why would a blocked vent prevent the machine from shutting off?

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

It doesn't have to be blocked, just restricted enough to cause an imbalance of the time on/time off cycles of the element - this is monitored by the thermister and the rate of temperature; bottom line is that you just proved the vent is the issue by successfully running it disconnected so whatever you have is inadequate for THAT dryer

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

Dryer Vent

Vent should be rigid metal.
Short lengths of flexible metal may be OK, if not crimped when moving the Dryer into place.
NO plastic
NO PVC
NO screws
Foil Duct Tape is OK.
With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat,
the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

<<<why would a blocked vent prevent the machine from shutting off?>>>

The MOISTURE SENSOR (two silver bars on the opposite side of the lint filter housing) is still sending a signal to the main board.

This indicates that the laundry is NOT yet dry within the pre-programmed time (each sensor dry cycle has a set maximum run time).

Eventually the **pause/hold** at 1 minute-remaining will "Time-Out" and the dryer will shut-off regardless if the laundry dried or not.

If the vent system is "buried" in the wall of the home---it will be *necessary* to have a professional vent cleaning company to fully & completely clear it.

The ONLY exception to this would be...

If the dryer stalls at 1 minute remaining & the laundry is DRY---the MAIN BOARD is at fault.
When this occurs--customers often describe what is known as "Marching Ants" dancing around the perimeter of the DISPLAY on the control panel.
To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics