Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

1995 Insinkerator Classic Supreme

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mickeysneighbor

mickeysneighbor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam Adams, Fat Tire, Pacifico

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

I have an Insinkerator Classic Supreme dishwasher that came with our house which we bought in 1995. I know the previous owners remodeled the kitchen around 1994. The DW has performed fllawlessly. Now we hear a rattling noise from the bottom of the unit. I dis-assembled the pump assembly down to the macerator/grinder and couldn't find anything that would cause the noise.

After reading a post on the old "red only" forum, about a guy with a Kenmore that made the same noise, I get the feeling we need a new motor. Should I replace the motor on this unit or buy a new DW? You recommended in that old post that before we rush out a buy something, we ask you, the masters, what you put in your home. Is my Insinkerator better made than the new stuff and worth keeping?

I checked the label inside the unit and the serial number is DK0131149, the model number is shown as CL Supreme.

Your guidance and advice is appreciated

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

That Insinkerator Classic Supreme is a rebadged, KitchenAid.

One of the best dishwasher of it's time and would be very worth while to keep it going if you can still find the parts for it.

If you only went down to the grinder blade you just need to go a little further and you might just find a small piece of glass or something that needs to be removed.

Once you get it down to all the impellers out and just the motor shaft sticking up if you bypass the door switch by closing the latch handle and pushing a screwdriver in the hole in the top right side of the door and get the motor to run if you still have a noise then most likely the motor because there would be nothing else to make a noise.

The rattling noise may also be the blower motor/wheel that blows air up the dome in the right rear corner of the tub that is only used in the dry cycle. If you only hear the rattling at the end of the cycle when it is drying that would be the thing you would be need to look at.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 20 December 2010 - 05:56 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 mickeysneighbor

mickeysneighbor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Sensei,

Thank you for your advice. You are the second appliance person who has told me to keep this DW as the new ones won't compare. I would like to cut my water use but I have heard the new models won't last as long as this unit.

How do I remove the impeller? I see that the top of the impeller is squared off on two sides, so I use a wrench there, but how do I top the impeller from turning?

Also, my wife wants to change the front color panels, so would I just order based on a KitchenAid model?

Thanks again,
Kurt

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:59 AM

can you post a picture somewhere of the Control Panel ?
then post the link here ..

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 mickeysneighbor

mickeysneighbor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

How do I remove the macerator/grinder that is at the bottom? As I said I removed the pump and got down to the impeller but I do not know how to remove it. The post has two sides which are flat, buut if I turn it the griner also turns, so I need to know how to get this removed.

Also, which brands and models are recommended if buy a new dishwasher? I am finding few repair shops even know about Insinkerator dishwahers. Your advice is appreciated.

#6 mickeysneighbor

mickeysneighbor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

here is a picture

Posted Image

Automaticwasher.org has some great pictures too.

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 24 December 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

somewhat similar Whirlpool KUDI21DS1 Parts List & Diagrams

#8 mickeysneighbor

mickeysneighbor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

Grand Master,

You are a life saver. Thank you for the link to the equivalent Kitchenaid DW. Now how do I find a qualified repair guru here in Southern California? Do you think parts are still available? I pulled the unit out of the cabinet today and found that the motor is made by Emerson (Model #S62NXJFR-7233, Part #MS00800017-1). Are these or equivalent parts available?

Thanks much,

Kurt

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

I don't know if the Motor is still available
Does the Motor make noise when it's disassembled ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics