Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Oven rbd306pdb14

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Southern Yank

Southern Yank

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

I am new to this forum. A retired northerner [Michigan] moved South [South Carolina]. Being a owner for many years I have developed many DIY skills in many area of household and yard repair. Appliance repair is new to me. I am developing a skill from the ground up. It is amazing how DIY repairs overlap each other so some things make sense when working on a new , never tried, area such as appliances.

This is the appliance in Question::
Appliance: Whirlpool Double Oven
Model # RDB306PDB14
Serial # XR3010178

Background:
This last week we have had house guests and the oven was used very frequently. I was brought into the picture when the oven door would not open and the display said “HOT”. Apparently, this stopped and the oven door was able to be opened. I thought that was it; problem solved itself.

The Problem:
The next day, however, I was again notified that the “oven was not working” Here is what I noticed;
1. Display was blank
2. Oven did not respond to the individual pads.
3. Oven did not heat up
4. Touching the pads emitted a beep [which is normal when touching to turn on oven]
5. The one variance was the “Start “ pad. When touched, a short beep and a long beep and several [three I think] short beeps.
I removed the strips along the side of the oven and the screws for the display panel. I could only pull it a couple of inches away from the oven. I could “peek” inside but little else.

On line, I discovered that my same problem happened to many others and that Whirlpool was little help, They just wanted to send out a repairman. Anyway, it seems that this might be a control board [or panel], or it may be that the “Shutdown Thermal fuse may have shutdown the whole oven including the display as well as the heating element.

I saw your site and it seemed an excellent way to go. I registered and browsed for what seems like hours on other posts and some elementary FAQs. In fact, I have information overload.
Si, I am starting my own thread to see if y’all will come to my rescue.

Right now I am trying to get access to my oven for testing. Also I have no idea as to how to test the CP [board] or the thermal shutdown fuse, plus I am sure that there are more little goodies in there that might be the culprit.
Thank you for your nice site and for any pearls of wisdom that you would share with me.
Paul06
Paul R. Gesche
Gesche444@comcast.net

PS I would like to know how to download pictures. Thank you

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Southern Yank

Southern Yank

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Appliance in Question:
Whirlpool Double Oven
Model # RBD306PDB14
Serial Number: XR3010178

Oven is dead. Display is blank. No heat. Touch Pads beep normally except the "Start" pad which gives off a series of beeps. Oven Light works OK. I hate to say any more because I believe on my first post I gave to much information. Will be glad to answer any question and give more details in reply to posts
Paul

#3 Southern Yank

Southern Yank

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

This was the first appliance forum I registered at. From the administrator, it seem to me that I would get some great replies to my question. I thought this forum especially elite as y'all actually charge for all but two topics. Anyway, not hearing from one person [had 23 replies], I checked out other forums that where learned quite a bit about my problem and part numbers and step by step on removing my control board.

If anyone out there has the same or similar problem as I had, please post and I will be happy to help if I can. In any event, I will respond, if I see your thread.

I am sure that this is a great forum and that I just fell through the cracks, so to speak. I look forward to seeing your posts on the kitchen and/or bathroom forum [the two I am allowed to access.
Paul

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

.. and that I just fell through the cracks, so to speak.

yes, just migrated to a new server w/ new forum software about that time ...

also original posted model number

Model # RDB306PDB14

RDB306PDB14
should be
RBD306PDB14

sounds like a bad Controller ..
If a Thermal device was bad, the Controller wouldn't have power, and thus wouldn't "beep"

pagefromtechsheet830206.jpg

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1719752

00749477.jpg

Any part ordered from RepairClinic can be returned in original condition
within 30 days for a refund (less shipping).
now 365-Day, no-hassle return policy on all parts ordered from RepairClinic! No gimmicks! Read more.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 fixyourboard

fixyourboard

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

This is a common control board failure on these units, see: http://www.fixyourbo...6_f2/e6_f2.html

It is on factory backorder but we can rebuild your board for you. Usually 2 day or less turn around in our shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics