Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YoMoose

Kenmore Elite HE3 washer drain pump grinding noise - no fault codes

2 posts in this topic

I have a Sears Kenmore Elite HE3 washer model# 110.42832.201 that I bought in 2002

It's been working great till this morning when it started making a grinding noise coming from the drain pump. The washer still works and drains fine with no error codes displayed during normal use or when I run the C00 diagnostic test.

So far I've cleaned out the bio-film behind the door gasket, pulled out the drain pump filter and cleaned it (nothing except gray goop inside). Pulled the pump/impeller out of the hose housing and all looks good with no debris.

It's all back together and when I'm running the C00 diagnostic test at step C06 (drain pump) the grinding noise is still there.

My guess is it's the drain pump. Before I run out and buy one I wanted to see if this seems like a logical diagnosis and if there is anything else that can be recommended or tested.

My plan is to buy just the pump/impeller assembly without the hose housing; it's about half the price and the hose housing appears to be just a piece of plastic with no moving parts.

Thanks for any advice you can send my way.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0