Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KevinO

Gas leak - Frigidaire Range

12 posts in this topic

After changing the igniter in my Frigidaire Range, model PLGF389ACC, the over now works great but I have a gas leak.

I have checked the flex line very thoroughly and found no leaks. It seems to be coming from inside the oven. I removed the tube that distributes the gas up under the bottom panel when the oven is lit and I'm wondering if I did not get this part replaced correctly.

Can anyone tell me where the likely source of the leak would be?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... now works great but I have a gas leak...

leaks when the Oven is ON or also when it' s OFF ?

What Ignitor part number did you use ?

It leaks when it is off. The part number is 5303935066 from Electrolux.

that's the right part number for the Ignitor..
If the Gas leaks when the Oven is OFF, then it may be a bad Gas Valve or any of the connections from the House Wall to Gas Valve.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=106

00555610.jpg

Is there a safe way to check the valve or the connectors for leaks? Should I just use the old soap test? Any diagrams/video links on where to check?

CAUTION- It is recommended that leak testing be done using non-corrosive gas leak detection fluid.

Dish washing detergent, bath soap or other house hold chemicals that contain chlorides should not be used.

Test the connections at # 14, 16, 17 and the Flex Pipe and connections to the house gas line.

OR call the local Gas Company

R0206117-00002.png

Thanks! I was able to find the leak but I'm not sure how to fix it. It is coming from the cap shown in the pic below. I tried putting a bit of teflon tape on it but it made no difference. Am I looking at replacing the entire part?

front.jpg

Yes, Order one up - DO NOT use teflon tape on regulator cap or valve joints. WHITE teflon can NEVER be used for gas (PINK or YELLOW which is designated as being compatible), most of the valve connectors have flared fittings and pipe dope is not required. You also don't wanna get any residual into the component either as blockage can occur

BTW - Nice Pic !

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

that's the right part number for the Ignitor..

If the Gas leaks when the Oven is OFF, then it may be a bad Gas Valve or any of the connections from the House Wall to Gas Valve.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=106

00555610.jpg

No way to just seal it up or just replace the cap?

No - if gas leaks there, it means the diaphram in the valve is ruptured (aka F.U.B.A.R)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0