Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ApplianceMoron

Warm Amana Refrigerator/Cold Bottom Freezer

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Does anyone have ideas about what to do with an Amana AFD02535DEW french door refrigerator with bottom pullout freezer that has a warm fidge? The freezer is making ice, staying cold. I cleaned the bottom grill, it was caked with fuzz and dust. Not sure what to do. Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could summon the tech sheet from underneath the bottom of the fridge cabinet, behind the front kickplate, upper r.h. side

Perform the test for the motorized damper that is located in the rear of the refrigerator section. Quite common for these units to fail, and somewhere there is a kit to change those over to a better quality damper ass'y.

Double check that model # as it doesn't work for me, and we can provide you a link to the part

AFD02535DEW

blink.gif My eyesight isn't as good as it once was (see RegUS_PatOff
)

but from here it looks like your model number is

. . AFD2535DEW

(mechanical Damper)

i reckon i find the evaporator fan failed on these units more often than the damper, but either way easy diagnosis, easy fix.

access the fan by removing the back wall of frezzer section and test voltage to fan motor...120v but no spin = bad motor

the new motor is redesigned- much more substantial

Yup...looks like an AFD2535DEW...

No fan motor spin, no cold air moving from freezer to refrigerator (and back again)...

Something else I see from time-to-time...customers cramming the bottom shelf so full of stuff that it blocks the open damper, and doesn't allow enough cold air to get into Fridge to cool properly...but my money's on the fan motor, here.