Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Jeepman

Whirlpool VS Kenmore/LG

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am looking at the Whirlpool WFW9250WW, Kenmore 4027 or possibly a LG like the Kenmore version.

I am a commercial HVAC Tech and I am interested in the durability of each. Looking at the price of parts the LG looks cheaper to repair but I don't know about the direct drive motor if the bearings start to fail will that take out the motor? I replaced the bearings in my old Kenmore/Frigidaire before and they have went out again, I have also replaced the motor brushes a few times, it is about 10 years old and tired from about 2 loads a day.

I know it is a crap shoot but, cheaper overall repair would win it for me, what do you alll think?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Buy the Whirlpool, but I would take out the extended warranty from Whirlpool, NOT from the store where you buy it.

LG is too much of a hassle to buy parts, and if you buy a Kenmore, you HAVE to put up with Sears servicing your washer under the warranty period and extended warranty period.

I have nothing good to say about the dependability or reliability of LG appliances.

<<<I am interested in the durability of each.>>>

For a family of 4---expect an average service life between 8 & 12 years for the brands that you've posted.

(This is an industry average)

<<<I don't know about the direct drive motor if the bearings start to fail will that take out the motor?>>>

No.

<<<cheaper overall repair would win it for me>>>

I'd recommend the LG for lower component prices when repairs are needed---but...

There's a lot of good deals lately. Check for clearance sales.

If the laundry room has a *wood floor*---the best choices would be SAMSUNG then LG.

If the laundry room has *concrete*---this expands the list of potential candidates (virtually any brand/model with the best sale price).

<<<I have nothing good to say about the dependability or reliability of LG appliances.>>>

Gee I wonder why Scott?

Could it be because you posted THIS several months ago?...

Scott Wolf wrote:

As an ex auto assembly plant worker, I'm sick of imports period. When you have your job eliminated because everybody keeps buying imports, you'll understand.

Out of work? Keep buying imports!

<<<LG is too much of a hassle to buy parts>>>

Factually inaccurate again Mr. Wolf.

Parts can be obtained from THIS forum: www.repairclinic.com

now ,now , you boys play nice...don't make me separate you two :kiss:

How is that possible---when someone is intellectually "poking you in the eye" at every opportunity??? :teehee:

Be happy he was just poking you in the eye, it could of been worse.....verrrrrrry worse. :woot:

Do not buy a Whirlpool/Maytag front loader if it is built in Mexico. The Mexican units are vastly inferior to the German built machines...VASTLY INFERIOR. I'm seeing many main bearing failures during the 1st year.

If it was me, I'd buy a LG.

Edited by nickfixit

<<<Be happy he was just poking you in the eye, it could of been worse.....verrrrrrry worse.>>>

I'm running out of Visine...

LMFAO !

- To the topic of the thread, I would buy an LG before a W/P now too as practically any replacement parts cost roughly half the price of the machine for the W/P's !

Thanks all,

nickfixit, can the bearings and seal be replaced without the replacement of the tub?

Nope, you have to replace the rear half of the outer tub.