Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ekrichardson

Kenmore Front Load Washer 110 464-62501 - Lights Flashing

13 posts in this topic

Over the past several months I have had the same problem once or twice. Then, over the past week, the issue is chronic, happening every few loads.

When I go in to the laundry room, expecting the cycle to be finished and ready for the dryer, I find the lights flashing (there is no display on this model, so no error code), just flashing lights and the door is locked. I found that I could power off, then power back on, then start a new cycle and the flashing lights were resolved. The cycle would finish and I carry on.

However, today when I tried to do that, my "fix" didn't work. At (what I assume to be) the completion of the rinse cycle, this error occurs. When I restart the cycle and the door unlocks, I can reach in to find the clothes pretty much soaked, the water has not drained. I did some google searches and it sounds like it may be the filter? I have someone coming Tuesday to repair it, but if I can (get my husband to!) repair it (clean the filter?) before then, it will save some much needed funds.

This washer is only 5 years old. Any help you can offer is much appreciated!

Liz

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

is that model an HE2, HE2 Plus, or an HE2t ?

which lights ?

Sorry to take so long to reply! I just did another load to recreate the problem, and took a picture of it.

The lights that are ON:

Garment

Rinse

Clothes Clean

The lights that are FLASHING:

Delicate

Express Wash

Normal/Casual

Heavy Duty

Whitest Whites

Rinse & Spin

Drain & Spin

Also, it is an HE2 (I believe). I cannot find the owners manual and I don't see any reference to any of these labels on the appliance itself.

Thanks! That helps. But I have no idea how to check the drain hose and/or replace the pump. Sounds like I need to call someone in to look at that! Thanks for your help!

The lights that are FLASHING:

Delicate

Express Wash

Normal/Casual

Heavy Duty

Whitest Whites

Rinse & Spin

Drain & Spin

all at the same time ?

If you're game, this could be an easy fix. Before you fork out $ for a repair, try this..

1) Remove the 3 screws along the bottom panel, and pull the panel off.

2) Locate the pump, you will see the pump in the center, it's a white plastic thing with a couple hoses hooked to it.

3) Get some towels and/or a bucket you will lose all the water in the machine. If you're lucky a floor drain nearby is much help.

4) The pump has a center section that you can screw out, it's a big knob maybe 1 1/2 inch long, screw this out to allow the removal of any items that are blocking the pump.

5) reverse the process and test it out

You, my friend, just made my day! My husband and I did as instructed, and the end result? Well, watch for yourself (and I thought I was losing my mind when my daughter's sock disappeared!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8q70gPUu6E

I will be running a load shortly to see if all systems are now clear.

Nice work. I've pulled all kinds of junk out of them pumps. Usually the pumps survive just fine, if not they are easy to replace.