Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max

Kitchenaid oven door hinge/spring squeaks

5 posts in this topic

My Kitchenaid built-in oven (KEBC107KSS03) has developed a squeak whenever the door is open or closed. Can a lubricant be sprayed on the hinges/springs without taking the unit out of the cabinet?

If not, does that mean I would have to replace the springs or hinges to eliminate the squeak? How do I get to the hinges and spring assemblies out and replace them? Where can I find a parts diagram?

:rolleyes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does your response mean that I have to replace the springs and cannot simply lubricate them? The springs still work.

Above the second item (hinge pin kit) pictured you said "You need these to remove doors from oven." My instruction book says I can pull the door up and out after flipping up the hinge latch on either side and doesn't mention anything else is needed for removal. What is the purpose of the door hinge pin kit?

What is the procedure for removing and replacing the hinges?

:rolleyes:

If you have the swing latch built onto the hinge as you describe then you dont need the other item. you may can lubricate the springs with a very small amount of 3-in-1 machine or similar. you have to completely disassemble the door to get to the hinges and you will have to flex the hinge a little after unmounting it to actually remove it (if replacing the hinge)

To lubricate just take the door apart and you dont have to unmount the hinge...just make sure you pay close attention to how the door goes together (take pictures, notes, etc.)

i don't understand why I need to take the door apart. Isn't the spring inside the oven, not the door? I wish I could find a parts diagram for the oven to show the details.

:confused:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0