Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Froonium

Frig. FWT645RHS0 timer question

9 posts in this topic

Had this front loader for quite a few years now and it's run great. The timer decided to act up on me (jiggling the knob to get through a cycle is annoying) roughly a year n a half ago so I replaced it. It quit outright again earlier this month (after the warranty expires, natch.) It's darned easy to replace a timer but this newest one is doing the blinky, knob-jiggle-to-run crap almost like the first one did. Now, I intend to send this one back under warranty but I was wondering: is it possible to repair a timer for cheap? I mean, are they repairable or is this just one of those things that has to be replaced whole? I've pretty much decided that I'm not gonna hang onto this washer when timers are a Benjy a pop, no matter how well it's run over the years.

TL:DR - Is the expensive timer in my washer a repairable item or should I consider shopping for new if it keeps going batty?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Okay, let me add that this is the part I'm referring to. I shouldn't have to watch my washer and wiggle the knob when the door lock light goes out and it stops, right? RIGHT?!

Now, is this thing repairable (it IS easily replaceable if you ignore the price) or is it shopping suggestion time?

Timer is not repairable...need to get a new 1

I kinda figured that one out. What's causing the thing to crap out though?

I kinda figured that one out. What's causing the thing to crap out though?

what's the symptoms

when does it die ?

It seems to be a random thing when it cuts off. I see the door lock light go out and it stops doing whatever cycle it was going through. I get up and jiggle the knob and it restarts. It sometimes stops again after said jiggle or it goes on and finishes without another hiccup.

Okay, I've washed the past 3 or so loads with nary a hiccup. While this is a good kind of annoying, it's still annoying.

Timer

OR

Dispenser Drawer Reed Switch

Are the symptoms the same if you jiggle or open the Dispenser Drawer during a Wash Cycle ?

Borrowed a multimeter and tested the reed switch. It's working fine as far as I can tell.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0