Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite HE3t front loading washer won't start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mai

Mai

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

The washer wouldn't start when i put a load in. I pushed the start button but it just kept beeping and nothing happened. Washer was plugged in and door was firmly shut. I then unplugged and plugged the power cord back in. I tried to turn the washer back on but now it won't even turn on. It just makes a beeping sound when I press the power button. Help!! Any ideas? Checked outlet and there is power at the plug. Also checked the circuit breaker.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mai

Mai

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

model number: 110.46742 702

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

Need a new MCU==> http://www.repaircli...ol-Unit/1257029

Want to verify? ==> http://fixitnow.com/...ntrol-unit-mcu/

#4 matt1

matt1

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

Did you check the control lock light is on? you might have accidentally set control panel on lock mode.

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

Just curious if this is really maybe a HE5T model and not really an HE2T model?

I always thought all the Duet Sports were the Kenmore HE2T labeled units.

Looking up this Kenmore model it appears to be kind of a mix of the regular Duet and the Duet Sport parts, mostly looks like a standard Duet Model except for the door latch/lock assembly and placement of CCU.

Uses the standard Duet pump and the Duet style plastic shocks but uses the Duet Sport style MCU and CCU and the CCU is in the front upper right side corner instead of in the rear/middle like you would find on the Duets but MCU is located on the left side with all plugs to the front like the Duets instead of on the right side with all plugs to the back like you would find on the Duet Sports.

Also on the parts diagram it shows this as a May 2010 build, can't know for sure manufacture date of actual unit without a serial number but if it is really built around May 2010 it should be still under warranty.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics