Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fridgidair Ice maker won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vansonly

vansonly

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

I have a Frigidair Model FRS20ZRG DZ. I replaced a part a couple of months ago and I wish I remembered what the part was called. The part was located at the back of the firdge at the bottom. It was a valve/coupling of some sort. The main water line that feeds the fridge attaches to this device then the water lines that feed the water on the door and the ice maker branch off from here. Anyway I replaced that assuming it would fix my problem but no dice. :wallbash: When I lower the arm on the ice maker it just a strange noize every so often as if it wants to make ice but nothing comes out. :wallbash: Like I said the water on the door works fine. But I do need a new filter though.

Any thoughts or ideas on what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated. :imnotworthy: :imnotworthy:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vansonly

vansonly

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

I have a Frigidair Model FRS20ZRG DZ. I replaced a part a couple of months ago and I wish I remembered what the part was called. The part was located at the back of the firdge at the bottom. It was a valve/coupling of some sort. The main water line that feeds the fridge attaches to this device then the water lines that feed the water on the door and the ice maker branch off from here. Anyway I replaced that assuming it would fix my problem but no dice. :wallbash: When I lower the arm on the ice maker it just a strange noize every so often as if it wants to make ice but nothing comes out. :wallbash: Like I said the water on the door works fine. But I do need a new filter though.

Any thoughts or ideas on what my problem might be would be greatly appreciated. :imnotworthy: :imnotworthy:

I did some research and found that the part I replaced is called a: Part number 218832401 Valve-water,dual solenoid, 115V, w/nut

#3 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

as long as you know that the water lines were correctly reconnected to the new valve then your going to have to do some voltage checks. You can cycle the ice maker by pulling clockwise on the tines that rake the ice out. You dont have to go far and the ice maker will start cycling on its own. from that point you got about 3 minutes before 120V should be supplied to the water valve to allow water to come into the ice maker. I cant view your diagram at the moment but there should be a tech sheet located behind the front kick panel in a bag glued to the bottom of the frame...just right of center of the unit. it will show you wire colors for the coils.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics