Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
timmy

GE WWA8608MXLWW

3 posts in this topic

Ogenki desuka?

No hot water. swapped hoses, no suprise--we got hot on cold.

Pulled the little cover off, swapped wires, and put hoses back, no surprise--we got hot on cold again.

It seems that all I need to do is pull off the internal hose, pull the four wires off, install new...switch?...and put it all back together. 

FYI, I bought this used in 97. I think it was several years old then. Paid $300 for both, and it was probably the best money I ever spent.

Thoughts?

Domo arrigato gozaimasu.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Just posted an answer on a similar problem on a Kenmore washer, you can read that here.

In your case, I would also check the voltage going to each valve when you have warm water selected. Each valve should get about 120vac.

OK...we've come to a cross roads...we have one hose in very sad shape, and a solenoid or solenoid switch that will need replacing.

Given that we will be buying a new washer in the next six months (I hope), would we be better off just doing laundry in cold water?:)

I'll have to buy an ohmmeter, so through that cost in there too.