Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Chadmcc

JDB8910AWS Jenn-Air Dishwash door Leaking

8 posts in this topic

Hi All -

Just did some major repairing to my 10 year old Jenn-Air dishwasher. Put in new motor, pump, filter, thermistor, door seal, drip edge left and right (99002181, 99002182), door seal 99002158 on the bottom. But there is another I don't see in the diagrams that's on the tub.

Anyway - this dishwasher leaked a little bit before, but now it leaks badly at both corners. I read several of the tips and it does sit a tad low in the front. I really don't think the arm assembly is cracked though. I looked fine when I had it out.

The old door seal had about 2 inches extra in each corner unengaged and the new one has about 1/2 in.

I was looking at getting a 'Barrier Control' Number: 99002174

Thoughts?

THANKS

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did you remove the dishwasher from the cubby when you installed the new motor? If so, re-examine the squareness and level of the d/w cabinet. Both are critical. The cabinet can get torqued if the d/w is mounted wrong making it impossible for the door to seal correctly. Also, make sure bit footings in front are down and bearing roughly equal weight.

Oh Great Master -

I actually laid it on its side when I installed the motor. I will check level and square too. Should I plan on the soap dispenser seal too. When I looked under it last night it looked like it was dripping out of the foam, which I think means its leaking from inside the door ?

When does it leak? the whole time? or after it has been running for a while? Does the door shut tight? you can adjust the door strike to make the door shut a bit tighter if necessary. If everything seems good there check the tub vent. Its the plastic piece on the left side of the tub that also acts as the water inlet. If this vent gets clogged the tub will become pressurized and will drip like you describe.

It leaks right after it fills up, when the jets are squirting. It leaked just a tad before repairs, but now the jets are much stronger.

Not sure how that vent could even become clogged. I will check it.

THANKS

I've seen these vents grow algae. If the vent is clear i would advise you to replace the lower spray arm even though it looks good. Sometimes the seam will split and wont be visible. The seam will expand and leak when it is under pressure. Another thing to watch for is the two split rings that fit below the spray arm. They need to be arranged so that when stacked on top of each other the split is located 180 degrees apart.

How would I check it properly ? Remove it ? Look inside ?

Thanks so much.

pull the dishwasher out and inspect it. the vent should be clear, so once you have access to it a visual check should suffice. You could remove it and run water through it to make sure its clean.