Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JDB8910AWS Jenn-Air Dishwash door Leaking

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ChadMcC

ChadMcC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:fur

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

Hi All -

Just did some major repairing to my 10 year old Jenn-Air dishwasher. Put in new motor, pump, filter, thermistor, door seal, drip edge left and right (99002181, 99002182), door seal 99002158 on the bottom. But there is another I don't see in the diagrams that's on the tub.

Anyway - this dishwasher leaked a little bit before, but now it leaks badly at both corners. I read several of the tips and it does sit a tad low in the front. I really don't think the arm assembly is cracked though. I looked fine when I had it out.

The old door seal had about 2 inches extra in each corner unengaged and the new one has about 1/2 in.

I was looking at getting a 'Barrier Control' Number: 99002174

Thoughts?

THANKS

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Did you remove the dishwasher from the cubby when you installed the new motor? If so, re-examine the squareness and level of the d/w cabinet. Both are critical. The cabinet can get torqued if the d/w is mounted wrong making it impossible for the door to seal correctly. Also, make sure bit footings in front are down and bearing roughly equal weight.

#3 ChadMcC

ChadMcC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Oh Great Master -

I actually laid it on its side when I installed the motor. I will check level and square too. Should I plan on the soap dispenser seal too. When I looked under it last night it looked like it was dripping out of the foam, which I think means its leaking from inside the door ?

#4 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

When does it leak? the whole time? or after it has been running for a while? Does the door shut tight? you can adjust the door strike to make the door shut a bit tighter if necessary. If everything seems good there check the tub vent. Its the plastic piece on the left side of the tub that also acts as the water inlet. If this vent gets clogged the tub will become pressurized and will drip like you describe.
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#5 ChadMcC

ChadMcC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

It leaks right after it fills up, when the jets are squirting. It leaked just a tad before repairs, but now the jets are much stronger.

Not sure how that vent could even become clogged. I will check it.

THANKS

#6 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

I've seen these vents grow algae. If the vent is clear i would advise you to replace the lower spray arm even though it looks good. Sometimes the seam will split and wont be visible. The seam will expand and leak when it is under pressure. Another thing to watch for is the two split rings that fit below the spray arm. They need to be arranged so that when stacked on top of each other the split is located 180 degrees apart.

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

#7 ChadMcC

ChadMcC

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

How would I check it properly ? Remove it ? Look inside ?

Thanks so much.

#8 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

pull the dishwasher out and inspect it. the vent should be clear, so once you have access to it a visual check should suffice. You could remove it and run water through it to make sure its clean.

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics