Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
maximovrdrv

Perplexing disorder in my once dependable washer

32 posts in this topic

Ok, ok! Sheesh ~ now I do agree with practically everything in my house made in the USA. I do actually look to see if the products are "Made in the USA. There are just some products I think the USA could make better.

REG - Nope, the pricing on the parts isn't that bad...and neither is the labor. I haven't paid labor costs on my "foreign" vehicle in 10 years because as my ID says...I fix it myself. Plus, I shop around to get the best deal on the part. So I would say the upkeep on my "foreign" vehicle is probably less than $500 a year including oil changes and tire rotations. Same with the B2300 (aka Ranger). It's been a real champ and you can let them sit for years like my dad did and they still run. So really it's no more expensive than an American made car.....it's not like I own a BMW or Volkswagen.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

On the car front and do-it-yourself, you might want to check out RockAuto for parts.

http://www.rockauto.com/

They have a really great parts look-up system too.

Then these foreign appliance manufacturers have to step up to the plate and be more willing to let US distributors sell their parts and make better appliances. So far on both the LG and Samsung dryers I have had to replace 4 dryer drums because they have ripped at the seam where the drum rollers contact the drum. I have never seen that happen with a US made dryer. And the LG dishwashers? Horrible!

Budget Repair ~ I do use Rock Auto. I also have a few other places as well. There used to be a site nissanpartsonline or something like that, but they ended up closing the website. They had great prices (and the lowest usually up to 50% of the cost) on Nissan parts. So much better than the stealerships.

Wolfman Scott ~ that's why I kept my Maytag dryer (the matching dryer to the crazed washer). Love that dryer. It's SO SIMPLE to repair and cheap. The motor went out after 3 years. Bought another one, got a 3 year warranty on it (which it's still under) and I really only have to replace the belt. The funny thing is the motor was replaced with a newer, better motor so that made a big difference in quality. I can't see getting rid of it for something more.....complicated. Another reason I picked the Samsung. Completely easy for me to figure out without reading the directions....

Then these foreign appliance manufacturers have to step up to the plate and be more willing to let US distributors sell their parts and make better appliances. So far on both the LG and Samsung dryers I have had to replace 4 dryer drums because they have ripped at the seam where the drum rollers contact the drum. I have never seen that happen with a US made dryer. And the LG dishwashers? Horrible!

Ulterior Motive....

Scott Wolfe wrote:

As an ex auto assembly plant worker, I'm sick of imports period. When you have your job eliminated because everybody keeps buying imports, you'll understand.

Out of work? Keep buying imports!

On the car front and do-it-yourself, you might want to check out RockAuto for parts.

http://www.rockauto.com/

They have a really great parts look-up system too.

This is a GREAT site for auto parts, have used it on numerous occasions to get alternative mfr. part #'s; sometimes it's tough to get any selection from the auto chains up here, and you always get an attitude if you come equipped with part numbers etc. I have also ordered from there a few times and they have them to in about a week up here in Canada; Zero customs issues - shipping is a bit steep, but even then it's usually cheaper than going to the local Yahoo's and much better selection.

Thanks for that link Willie

This is a GREAT site for auto parts, have used it on numerous occasions

... yes