Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidenceā€¦

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tns

Carrier 58MXB - replace solenoid, fried my furnace?

5 posts in this topic

I replaced the solenoid valve to the humidifier. I neglected to turn the power off to the furnace. While replacing the solenoid, I may have touched the controlling wires together or to the duct - I saw a small spark at one point. Now the furnace does not operate at all. Any ideas on what I might look at? Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You probably blew the control fuse. At the furnace circuit board look for a 3 or 5 amp automotive type fuse plugged into the circuit board.

Simply replace the blown fuse.

I did find a fuse on the board that looks to be blown and shows open on my ohm meter. The fuse is purple and is only labeled "E". How do I know if this is a 3 amp or 5 amp fuse?

nevermind - I was holding it backwards. It's a 3, not an E. Two dumb moves in one morning.