Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 417.44072300 Fills but wont Start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alan B

Alan B

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Winter Lager

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I have a Kenmore 417.44072300 that fills but wont start. It will also empty the water out if you stop it then force it to a "Drain and Spin". Of course it wont do the spin part. I have no doubt that the speed control unit is shot. The clue was when I found a part (large disc capacitor looking thing) had heated up and fell out of the circuit board. There is also 1 capacitor (small electrolytic) thats blown (top is domed up) and another large electrolytic that looks compromised.

I went through the "Motor Wont Run" List and here is what I found.
1. Yes pump runs.
2. No motor wont run. Connection at the door switch look OK.
3. Check 5to6 on six pin plug = 120 VAC
4. Check 10 pin plug pins 1,2,6,10. 1=11.8 VAC, 2,6,10=0. Further check at 7 pin connector on control panel is the same. I guess the follow up check at 7 pin connector is to make sure the harness isn't bad.
5. Fuse is OK on speed control.
6. Check 1-2, 2-3, and 3-1. None of the resistances were 3 Meg ohms.
7. Resistance check to motor was OK.

I'm concerned about buying a speed control board since check #4 didn't give 120 vac where it should have. In my mind this points to a Control panel problem. I open the control panel up and no smoking gun was there. Are my concerns about the control panel founded?? I also have a broken shock so I'm concerned about a broken spider frame on the drum assembly that I've read about. I'm not so sure that putting $250 into a $700 washer is wise.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Check 10 pin plug pins 1,2,6,10. 1=11.8 VAC, 2,6,10=0.

... and you have Set the timer to the start of the heavy wash cycle. ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Alan B

Alan B

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Winter Lager

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

That is correct, as well as the Heavy Soil/Stain deactivated. Per the instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics