Kenmore 417.44072300 Fills but wont Start
Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:17 PM
I went through the "Motor Wont Run" List and here is what I found.
1. Yes pump runs.
2. No motor wont run. Connection at the door switch look OK.
3. Check 5to6 on six pin plug = 120 VAC
4. Check 10 pin plug pins 1,2,6,10. 1=11.8 VAC, 2,6,10=0. Further check at 7 pin connector on control panel is the same. I guess the follow up check at 7 pin connector is to make sure the harness isn't bad.
5. Fuse is OK on speed control.
6. Check 1-2, 2-3, and 3-1. None of the resistances were 3 Meg ohms.
7. Resistance check to motor was OK.
I'm concerned about buying a speed control board since check #4 didn't give 120 vac where it should have. In my mind this points to a Control panel problem. I open the control panel up and no smoking gun was there. Are my concerns about the control panel founded?? I also have a broken shock so I'm concerned about a broken spider frame on the drum assembly that I've read about. I'm not so sure that putting $250 into a $700 washer is wise.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:05 PM
... and you have Set the timer to the start of the heavy wash cycle. ?
Check 10 pin plug pins 1,2,6,10. 1=11.8 VAC, 2,6,10=0.
one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”
every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962
RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw
Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:09 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users