Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Clayboy

Hotpoint Fridge CSX022D*** Model

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an 18 year old Hotpoint that works great except the water reservoir that is located behind the veg/meat crispers has a leak. I can get a new one for $130 but was wondering if anyone has ever repaired the plastic tank with caulk or?? and had it work. The hole appears to be right on one of the plastic welded seams and just drips enough that I get a pool of water collecting under the crispers.

Thanks for any info.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've used marine sealant in leaky washer tubs with excellent results. While not the same application as this one, I would think the mechanical stress would qualify as a harsher environment. Only thing to consider would be the lower temperatures in your application. The label will spell out the limitation.

Another good goopy thang is JB Weld, a two-part epoxy. It rocks just about anywhere.

The "reservoir" in alot of newer products consists simply of lengths of plastic tubing rolled into a coil, if you csn get the proper sized tubing, get rollin' and make yer own! all you are doing is exposing a certain amount of water to refrigerated temps for a short time to cool it off.