Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool LHW0050PQ4 washer won't run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nana25k

Nana25k

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pimms

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Above referenced machine is in a closet in our RV so if I can figure this out without pulling the machine out I'll so happy. ( That would mean pulling out the dryer as well)
Put in a load, walked away. Came back and the wash button was still on. and the power button was blinking but nothing happenening.
Turned it off, waited a few minutes, turned it to stop, pulled the breaker, waited a little bit and put it on spin .
The light panel went on at wash, tried to tumble a couple times then just didn't do anything, then a repeat of above.
Thought maybe the load was unbalanced, so per the operator manual I added a couple towels to help balance the very small load. Nope, NADA nothing.

When the machine was only a year old it did the same type of thing when I tried to wash a couple rugs, went thru the entire cycle but got off balance on the spin....I went thru the steps above and it worked.

We have drained the water out thru the lint valve.
Does anyone know how to run the diagnostics and what the codes mean? That will help us get started on figuring this out.

It worked just fine up until today.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:23 PM

Whirlpool LWHoo50PQ4

. . . .maybe LHW0050PQ4
RUN AWAY ! Posted Image

made by Antonio Merloni for Asko and Eurotech and Whirlpool
http://applianceguru.com/forum2/15596.html
http://applianceguru.com/forum2/21094.html

from the LHW0050PQ Service Manual:

TESTING OF CIRCUIT BOARDS
Start Conditions
• Set the Program Selector knob at the 6 o’clock position.
• Set the Spin Speed Selector knob at the 9 o’clock position.
• Press and hold the Pre Wash button and press the POWER button.
The five LEDs will light.

What The Tests Will Check
• The temperature thermistor.
• The Off position of the pressure switch (with no water in the tub).
• The door lock switch.

NOTE: If each test is positive, the top LED will turn off.
The luminous Pre Wash and Extra Rinse buttons will change their status
from On (lit) to Off (unlit) each time they are pressed.
The START button will only be lit while it is being pressed.
Continue to the “Diagnostic Tests” on the following page.

Test #4
This procedure tests the operation of the drain pump, spin motor, and the rinse detergent dispenser wax motor.
The top four LEDs are deactivated.
- The drain pump is activated, and spin runs at the preset speed.
- The rinse detergent dispenser wax motor is ON, and water enters the softener compartment.

The motor does not turn properly during a wash and/or spin

Place the control unit in the test mode (see page 6-2), and move the program knob to the Test 4 position.
Wait for the LEDs to light up, and then test the motor.
If the motor does not run properly:
- Disconnect the motor from the wiring terminal board.
- Use a tester to check the continuity at the ends of the wires connecting the wiring terminal board
to the control unit and check that the connectors are not damaged or dirty.
- Replace the control unit with one known to be in working order and check that the motor runs.
If the motor runs replace the control unit, otherwise replace the motor.

For manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Nana25k

Nana25k

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pimms

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

Your right...It is LHW. Thank for the reply. Hubby will run diagnostics tomorrow.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Eurotrash Diagnostics:

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to run diagnostics on the Whirlpool LHW0050PQ4 Eurotrash front loading washer

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 30 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

These special little machines are made by Antonio Merloni for Asko, Eurotech, and Whirlpool. If you own one, you probably understand why we call it a Eurotrash machine. At some point, you'll inevitably need to run diagnostics to figure out why, yet again, the frikkin thing is broken. This video will help with that:

[quote name='kdog'...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics