Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Danoer1

fabric softner doesn't drain into washer...Frigidaire Affinity

3 posts in this topic

This is not a major issue, but an annoying one on a front loading Affinity washer. We fill the fabric softner holder and it does not seem to get washed out by the water during the cycle. I'd say it does get diluted slightly, but not washed out. The design of this is a little weird since the holder has a solid bottom, so how does the fabric softner get out??? Forceful spray of water? I'm guessing this is not happening. Checked the strainer type thing on the cold water inlet and it was a little clogged. Pulled it out and cleaned it, replaced it...still same problem. I've tried pulling out the drawer for the soap and fabric softner during the wash/rinse cycle to see how the water is coming out, and it certainly seems to be spraying out for the soap side and I would say it is dripping out for the softner side. Is there a way for me to get at the tubing for the water running to the softner side? Is it a solenoid issue? Those are inside the back I'm assuming. Access is easy?

Thanks,

dan

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

sorry...forgot the model #...Frigidaire Affinity ATF800FS1... Thanks.

the dispenser compartments are drained via an "over flow" condition. When water enters the dispenser compartment a siphon is created which allows the water to enter the drum. it is normal for there to be some mixture in the tray from the siphoning process however you could have a water issue as well. Also check the vent tube at the rear of the dispenser. If you remove the top of the machine you can access all the components.