Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag washer problem during spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Legacy

Legacy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

My problem pertains to a Maytag Performa Washer, model PAV2300AWW. During the spin cycle the drum becomes out of balance and bangs against the sides of the washer cabinet. It generally takes 2 or 3 tries of moving the wet items to different positions to get the drum balanced so it doesn’t hit the sides of the cabinet. The problem occurs regardless of the size of the wash. I’ve check and the washer cabinet is level and the self-adjusting rear legs seem to be functioning properly.

Any suggestions on what might cause the drum to go out of balance so easily?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and any advice you might provide.

Legacy

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Mercy sakes alive! Looks like we got us another snubber rang job==> http://www.repaircli...mber=PAV2200AWW

Got some help on this job ratcheer==> http://fixitnow.com/...mbly-some-tips/

#3 Legacy

Legacy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Thanks very much for the reply. I checked out the links you listed and I think I understand the repair steps.

I guess I have to add this to my "honey do list" once I get the replacement part. Another Saturday fishing trip that will have to be put off.

Thanks again

Legacy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics