Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
desperate2repair

GE Washer WHDVH626FWWS/D inner drum knocking loose

6 posts in this topic

Hello there!

Desperatly need help!

Hope that you guys can help me with my GE washer model WHDVH626WWS/D.

Here is description of problem:

Recently washer started to make knocking noises, and didn't washing properly. When examined, I found that inner drum (stainless steel perforated) become loose in relation to outer casing of drum. For example when shaking/ rocking by hand inner drum it acts as if not sitting on the same axle ( this is just comarison, since blueprints/scheme doesn't show any axle) those allowing inner drum to touch outer casing. When operating this problem cause hard knocking and inability of high spins (looks like computer board interprets this as 'inequal load' and slows down rotation). I've dissasembled top cover and kick plate to get better acces to guts. Checked error codes - nothing special.

Please help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Rut-row raggy! You got yourself a broken basket support" spider" or a wallowed rear bearing or both...either problem is a serious, expensive repair.

how old is the washer?

Washer is 2006.

For me "support spider" sounds like what I pictured in my mind. Couldn't find scheme with detailed view of inside of drum. So what to do now? Should I dissasemble the drum? If so, are there step by step instruction how to do it?

Thanks!

$580 bucks makes the decision for me... GE...bringing good things to life :blink:

on a related note...for your next machine, be sure to use ONLY HE soap, in the proper dosage from day one.

use of the wrong type of detergent has been linked to early corrosion and failure of these supports.

:woot: GE® imagination at work