Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MF12569VEM Door Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hanginghelmet

hanginghelmet

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hello everyone I need your help!!! I purchased the Maytag MF12569VEM fridge from Home Depot after Black Friday. My problem I am having is that the left door will not stay fully open when you open it. It will close to where it is still partially open. This is really frustrating when trying to load items into the left side of the fridge as the door will just partially close. The right side door will stay fully open. I contacted Maytag and they sent a repair person to the house who looked at it and said he had to order the part for the door as it looked like when the delivery people brought the fridge, when they removed the door they forgot to put the part back on that keeps it open. The part came directly to my house and a different repair person came to the house and said first of all it was the wrong part and then stated that they don't put those parts in the door anymore and that the door was not supposed to stay fully open anyways. I was not satisfied with that answer so I called Mayatg again and told them what happened. I specifically asked the person if the door was in fact supposed to stay open and she went and talked to one of the engineers there and he stated that yes the door was supposed to stay fully open. The girl set up an appointment for a different repair company. The person called me and said he would order the part needed and would come and install it. The repairman came yesterday and when he tried top install the part it didn't fit either. He was not happy bout this so he called Maytag himself and this time the person talked to an engineer and he stated that the door was NOT supposed to stay fully open!!! He said it was because of the middle seal slat that is on the left door. That makes no sense as the door still stays partially open!!!Are you kidding me???? Can someone from this forum PLEASE tell me if the door is in fact supposed to stay fully open??? I see no reason why it shouldn't!!! Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

sorry, I don't know the answer, (but I'm sure some one else on here does)
You could go to HomeDepot (or somewhere) and try it yourself
(if they still have that model on display).

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

What's the part number of the part that was ordered and sent to your house?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics