Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

goldwing78

Whirlpool Duet GEW9250PW0

7 posts in this topic

I have ran several diagnostics and the thermal fuse looks to be out. (infinate resistance) and running the motor circuit test I get 2.9 ohms with the thermal fuse in and 2.2 with it disconnected and the two blue wires held together. The tech sheet says replace the machine control if the ohms are between 1-6. With the thermal fuse being out, should I just try replacing the $10 fuse or go ahead and order the much more expensive electronics control board? Any advice would be great. The wife wan't the dryer working again in short order.

Thanks,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did you try just test running the dryer with the thermal fuse bypassed?

Nickfixit ---You rock! I didn't try bypassing the fuse. After you suggested it I said a Homer Simpson "DUH" and tried it. I'm back in business and my wife is ever greatfull..

Thanks for the help!

But don't keep running it that way cuz you may end up with a house like this:

5002124401_111f3e3a82.jpg

The Heartbreak of Home Dryer Fires by Zenzoidman, on Flickr

5002128855_4bc531b3ae.jpg

Dryer Fires are Easy to Avoid! by Zenzoidman, on Flickr

Thermal fuses usually blow because of bad dryer vents: too long, too many kinks, made of all flex hose, plugged exhaust hood, etc. Fix the vent problem and replace the thermal fuse==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/2986?modelNumber=GEW9250PW0

I've got the fuse on order. Going to finish 1 load with it bypassed. Hopefully be back in business by Tuesday.

I've got the fuse on order. Going to finish 1 load with it bypassed.

don't leave the Dryer un-attended