Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Lunamoth

stinky dishwasher

2 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I have Whirlpool undercounter dishwasher, Model # DU960 PWKB1, purchased and installed in 2002. Today, for the first time ever there is a stinky (old bad lettuce, yuck) smell inside the d/w, I followed all the helpful ideas for cleaning various parts, and I noticed the smell was strongest at the float and poured bleach down the pipe the float rests on and suddenly realized that I was assuming it was an overflow pipe that would drain out through the waste water. Did I screw up or was this okay to do? :/ Thanks for any feedback on this!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You mean you removed item 32 in this picture and poured bleach down there? *Gasp* As Kim Jung Il might say...

60d7c3cb.png

Nah, it probably ain't that bad. But it's probably not good having that bleach water in the float switch down there. And that water would've ended up on the floor underneath the dishwasher, behind the kickplates-- it doesn't drain out from there.

Remove the kickplates and clean it up. You might even find a dead mouse down there in advanced stages of stinkification. Here, kitty, kitty...

bad-cat-hair-day.jpg