Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Disposer flange nut missing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rustyyb

rustyyb

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hi, guys. I've discovered that my Kenmore Model 175.67541 disposer is missing the flange nut (and it's plug) that connects the motor shaft to the rotor/shredder plate, and so while the motor spins like a politician caught with a prostitute, the rotor/shredder plate doesn't. It turns freely (the plate) but just isn't connected to the motor shaft. Also, I notice that the plate doesn't feel "seated" solidly - it rocks or wobbles when I turn it. I've rarely used the disposer since I bought the house 6 years ago, but vaguely remember finding a nut inside it sometime ago and just can't remember where I put it.
Anyway, Sears/Parts Direct will sell me a repair "kit", but the nice young lady seemed to have zero knowledge of what all of the parts involved were for. It seems like a pretty straight forward job to just replace the flanged nut, but then don't all "easy" projects seem that way until the house is on fire?
Well, bottom line is, does anyone have experience with this repair? Or any thoughts?
Thanks, Russell.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

The kit contains a new nut and sealing washer, if the old nut has rusted away, the threads are gonna be rusted just as bad, which means a new rotor, and if the shaft has been turning in the cutting disc withiut the nut it will have welled out the mount and also need replacement - I would just pitch the unit, and if you don't use it - install plumbing lines in it's place and be done with it

:boohoo:

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

Disposals are pretty much disposable as far as any repairs go......
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics