Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Dryer GEW9200LL1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 suzuki

suzuki

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Hello repair gurus, I have an electric whirlpool duet dryer model GEW9200LL1 that I am having a little problem with. The controls come on and they seem to be working fine but when I attempt to start it I hear a click and then the sensing light comes on and the timer counts down but that's about all it does. After reading several possible reasons why it may be doing this I replaced the thermal fuse but that didn't work. I also checked for broken belt but the belt seems to be intact. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

- Unplug unit.
- Take top off (3 screws at the back top)
- remove the electronic control cover - left side top - 3 screws
- access plug P1
- Check for resistance between P1-4 and P1-3 on the board. If the resistance is anywhere between 1 and 6 ohms, then replace that control board.

That will likely be the problem. There is further testing that can be done, but it has to be done live ... big ouch if you touch the wrong thing! So do this procedure first.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#3 suzuki

suzuki

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

Update. Right after I posted this, i searched the site for similar post and another user fixed the same exact problem by fixing the sensor connection. I attempted to so just this and it lead to me to taking off the top cover, control panel, door and frame... disconnected the sensor strip and reconnected... put it all back and started it. This time it was a little different, I thought I was seeing things but the drum moved just enough for me to notice it. I manually turn the drum a couple of time closed the door and started it... it worked! I had to leave for couple hrs and my son was very happy he can now do his laundry after the wash he dried this clothes but it stopped working again half way through... back to the same problem. I am not comfortable with testing live electricity so I will call a repair guy to come check it out but besides testing live wires does anyone have any more suggestions on what might be the cause of this.

thanks in advance.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hold on thar, Custer!!
Sumpin' tells me you'll be back, and when ya do, you'll be looking for one of these:

http://www.repaircli...mber=GEW9200LL1

00858787.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 suzuki

suzuki

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

I was more worried it might be the board/control that is bad that thing cost about $250. When I run the diagnostic the display shows 88 before try to start it... after start it displays shows 06. Any idea what 06 means? I tried look it up but couldn't find it.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

Remove the lower access panel and retrieve the technical documents within (don't forget to put 'em back) - tech sheet will explain diagnostic codes, by your description of the problem, you've got a motor that's about to crap the bed
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 Southern Appliance

Southern Appliance

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Or a bad / intermittant solder connection on the motor relay on the control board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics