Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
artpop

Kenmore oven won't light. New glowbar.

7 posts in this topic

Hey there, hi there. I am having trouble with our Kenmore oven. Model 790.75661103. Typical oven won't light, faint smell of gas. Well... I purchased a new glowbar and installed it myself as per instructions. No problem. Until I plugged the oven back in, I heard a spark. Hmmm... I wonder what that was? Well, I pressed on. Turned the oven on. NO GO. No glow even. Before replacing it did glow. So... I took it all apart again, and noticed the insulation on the wiring was worn through where it rubbed against the sharp edge of the sheet metal. There was a black mark on the insulation. It looks like the result was a short to ground on the wire from the gas valve to the ignitor. What now, what do I replace? Some circuit board I suppose. Couldn't be as simple as a fuse, Right? HELP. David

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If one of the wires shorted to ground... no problem,,, would still glow, but no Gas flow.,, no harm done
If the other wire shorted to ground ,,, no glow :boohoo:
sounds like a bad (Relay on the) Controller
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1056303

00638204.jpg

Doh... I saw that part on the schematic. I was hoping it wasn't that. Thanks for the violin. Soft music makes the pain easier. I appreciate your expertise. Looks like no cookies tonight.

D.

I replaced the timer/controller. Still no glow. I hear the relay click. What circuits should I test? Do y'all need more info?

Thanks D

the other scenario would be IF your Wall Outlet Polarity was reversed,

and you shorted one of the Ignitor wires to chassis ... :woot:

That would take out the Gas Safety Valve.

Check your Outlet polarity,

check the Gas Valve... should be about 1 OHM across the Bake Terminals

Thanks for your time. Well.... The polarity WAS reversed. And I get Infinite ohms across the bake terminals. Is there a part within the valve, or do I replace the whole thing? David

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0