Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

nb1forxp

GE Icemaker Won't Fill or Harvest

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a GSS25PSMF BS GE Refrigerator with a CAN13 WR30X10012 (DR. NO. 200D1181g011) automatic icemaker.

The icemaker does not fill with water or harvest partial cubes that are already frozen.

When the freezer is warm after it has been off for a while, I turn on the icemaker and it spits out water for about half a second, then the rake spins around about 1 and 3/4 rotations and then the green light starts blinking.

When the freezer is cold and I turn on the icemaker, the rake spins around until it gets to the front and then stops (in its home position, I'm assuming), but then nothing ever happens. If there are small frozen ice cubes ready for harvesting (from when the water that spit out several times for half a second on previous tests), it never harvests them. It also does not try to fill the ice tray. It does not go into fault mode; it just sits there and does nothing.

Also, I've tested the valve using 110VAC and it works just fine (also I know it works fine because it spits out water for 1/2 second on a warm startup), so I know there's no clogged lines or anything like that (unless the inlet line is freezing...).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Neville

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Flashing green light is bad Icemaker

Does anyone have any other suggestions rather than just to replace the icemaker? What could be causing this behavior? I'd rather not replace the whole icemaker. Thanks.

Does anyone have any other suggestions rather than just to replace the icemaker?

pagefromgerefrigerators.jpg

Thanks to all for your help. I opened up the icemaker and found the problem. The interior paddle arm that contacts the rake cam had snapped off. Please see the attached photo. I can't believe that they designed it like this! Even a slight outward tug on the exterior paddle would break the interior paddle arm every time.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/BonwitUser/Desktop/TBshared/Freezer%20part%20photos%20cropped/Freezer%20001_compressed.jpg

At any rate, does anyone have a broken CAN13 icemaker that they'd be willing rip apart and sell me this part out of? I'll be happy to pay you $30 for it so I don't have to buy a new icemaker.

Thanks,

Neville

I'm not sure how to post the photo...any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Use an online image hosting service and then post the link here.

I forgot to mention...because the end of the part snapped off, it no longer engaged the rake cam, and so the paddle didn't move in and out with the rake motion. As a result, the magnet on the paddle (see above photo) no longer moved back and forth across the hall sensor on the circuit board and the microcontroller didn't see any paddle movement in conjunction with the rake movement. As a result, it must have figured that something was wrong with the paddle and went into fault mode.

I just tested the icemaker with the part glued (very carefully!) back together and ice cubes are popping out and everything seems totally normal. So if anyone has an old CAN13 unit and is willing to sell me this part, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Neville

Here it is with a more reliable file server...sorry about the previous link to the photo not being reliable...

Freezer%20001_compressed.jpg

Hello,

Does anyone have a GE CAN13 icemaker that they'd be willing to sell me this part out of?

Thanks,

Neville