Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Gallery Series dryer won't start

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Tickballs

Johnny Tickballs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fat Tire

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hey

Newbie here so flame on my stupid question if you like, love a good insult.

Anyway, I have an electric Frigidaire Gallery Series dryer. It's about 4 years old and has been used quite a bit but not beaten on.

Occasionally it won't start. All the lights are on, it's plugged in, there's power to it, the child lock is not activated, no error codes and I've unplugged and plugged it back in to "reboot" if that's even possible with a dryer. I've gone thru all the troubleshooting suggestions I could find on the webbernet.

usually, after a few hours, I'll try the start button again and the dryer will fire up. when it runs, it dries great, no weird noises, etc.

Now the dryer just won't start at all. I drove angry to the laundromat to dry my wet clothes today. It was closed so I drove back home even angrier.

Someone suggested it might be the motor but that doesn't make sense to me as the dryer runs fine once it starts. It seems like the motor is not getting the ignition signal from the start button. I'm guessing it's the control panel.

so, any ideas? Is it the control panel? Should I attempt to fix it myself? (I'm somewhat mechanically inclined)Is there something else it could be? Are the hamsters just dead from 4 years of constant use?

Thanks!
John

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Another topic started without a model number. Posted Image

#4 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:12 AM

I think the ticks on Johnny's balls must have sucked all the blood from his brain. Sorry Johnny, I can't refuse an invitation for a good insult :fouetaa:

#5 Johnny Tickballs

Johnny Tickballs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

Aw snap...

Model- GLE02152ES0

#6 freespeech

freespeech

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Oatmeal cream stout

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

First check to see if you have proper power coming to the machine.
Next get a friend to help you with this one. Turn control on open the door to dryer hold the door switch closed with finger have friend push start button then try to rotate the drum with free hand. If the dryer starts and runs you have a bad motor. If not one of my fellow posters will have further info coming....
E. Spayd
Co-owner All Area Appliance Repair Service
http://www.allareaservco.com

#7 Johnny Tickballs

Johnny Tickballs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Next get a friend to help you with this one. Turn control on open the door to dryer hold the door switch closed with finger have friend push start button then try to rotate the drum with free hand. If the dryer starts and runs you have a bad motor. If not one of my fellow posters will have further info coming....

Power is definitely good. This house was owned by an obsessive/compulsive person who also owns a large appliance showroom. He was exacting with the electricity/

I'll check the starting with the door open.

#8 Johnny Tickballs

Johnny Tickballs

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

MF-er....I went up to try freespeech's suggestion. Before I tried that idea, I pressed the start button for shits and giggles. The dryer started and works now. A week from now it won't work again. ugh.

Laundry roulette isn't my idea of fun so I'd still like to fix it properly otherwise I'll have one more dumb thing to think about. Any other observations or things I should try?

As for the avatar name, I got Lyme Disease once so you can do the math....

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:31 PM

could be a loose / overheated / intermittent connection on the Power Cord at the Dryer Terminal Strip.
If one Line is disconnected, the Dryer could still light up and run but no heat.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics