Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Curran Mommy

Frigidaire Dishwasher

6 posts in this topic

This may be a really silly question for all of you "experts" out there, but i thought I'd give it a try. 

I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher that is about a year and a half old.  The heating element came out of the brackets and burnt a hold in the inner tub causing water to run all over the floor. 

Is there a way possible to patch this hole with some something, or at least in the alternative replace only the inner tub of the dishwasher.  I dont want to replace the whole dishwasher as it was an expensive model and it works fine other than that. 

Any help or direction you could give me would be very much appreciated. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have successfully patched a plastic tub in a dishwasher before using the same stuff used to make some canoes:  fiberglass and epoxy. 

That was two years ago, no callbacks.  :samurai:

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

I have successfully patched a plastic tub in a dishwasher before using the same stuff used to make some canoes: fiberglass and epoxy.

That was two years ago, no callbacks. :samurai:

Here's something that works just as good and lots less prep work, will even dry under water.

It's "Epoxy Bar putty", One pound, two half pounds chunks, mix equal amounts of each, just like playdough.

I've used it to patch plastic dishwasher tubs that have been melted or chewed by mice, washer tubs, excellent for repairing cracked refrig door liners and just about anything else you can think of.

It can be obtained from RepairClinic, but it's a Special order now. CLICK HERE $18.00 a little bit goes a long ways.

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

Here's something that works just as good and lots less prep work, will even dry under water.

It's "Epoxy Bar putty", One pound, two half pounds chunks, mix equal amounts of each, just like playdough.

Sheeeeit!  Good trick, Willie!  I ordered me some o' dat.

You guys are AWESOME!!  Once i fix it I will send you before and after pictures :banana:

That'd be great, love to see 'em!