Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Do they make refrigerator "Door Stops?"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WannaAppliance

WannaAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:09 AM

Hi all,

I just had a new Samsung RF266 French door refrigerator delivered. If the right side door is opened past about 160 degrees, it will smash into my pantry door knob (lever) shaft, which will create a nice big dent in the stainless. While I wont do it, I can only imagine the kids accidentally doing it. Is there any kind of contraption that can limit the range of the door?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

I am not aware of a door stop for a fridge although I see that someone has received a patent for such a device http://www.freepaten...om/5931554.html .

Not sure if your fridge has adjustable door positions. Someone with more intimate knowledge or manual may have that information. Have you called Samsung?
Okay...let's think outside of the (ice) box for a moment. Can you change the swing on the pantry door or use a lower profile door knob?

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 27 February 2011 - 09:34 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 WannaAppliance

WannaAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks.

I posted a question on Samsungs support site. We will see what they say. It appears that the refrigerator door swing is limited by its bottom mounting bracket. I dont see any adjustments. The only thing I could think of is a bracket that extends about another 1/2+ inch, which I believe would solve the problem.

Thinking outside of the box: Reversing the door swing will kill the Feng Shui of the kitchen, and a true Samurai would never have that :)
I also found these: http://baserdoorhandles.com/
The dimensions will work, and depending on the quality and brushed nickel finish, will most likely be an acceptable solution.... Assuming there is nothing that can be done from the fridge side of the equation

Edited by WannaAppliance, 27 February 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

Oh No, Not Feng Shui! I have lost many battles to the great Feng Shui. Others find him honorable, I find him deceitful.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics