Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

RedToryTy

Kenmore (Frigidaire) upright freezer - blinking light

7 posts in this topic

I've got a freezer with a blinking indicator; it just blinks repeatedly. Won't my tech sheet tell me what I need to do?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Usually it at least give a hint. Do you have the tech sheet?

I can't find it; can you message me one to this conversation? Domo.

I don't have a way of crossing a Kenmore model over to the mfg's model so can't get a tech sheet. Where are you seeing the blinking light on this unit?

On most freezers, a blinking light means the box is warming up. Check the usual stuff: door seal, door left ajar, compressor running, light stuck on. This is an autodefrost unit, too, so make sure the defrost system is working, check evaporator frost pattern. And make sure the evap fan is running, too.

similar to "older style" Frigidaire c. 1997

FFU20G9FW1 Owner's Guide

Temp Alarm (some models)

This feature is designed to provide a warning if the inside temperatures reach an unsafe level.

When the freezer is initially plugged in, the red Temp. Alarm Indicator Light blinks.

The indicator light will continue to blink until the freezer has reached a safe freezing temperature.

If a malfunction causes an unsafe temperature inside the freezer, the red light will blink and the buzzer will sound.

To silence the buzzer, press the ALARM OFF button.

The Indicator Light will continue to blink until a safe freezing temperature is again reached.

If the ALARM OFF button is not pressed, the buzzer will turn itself off automatically after 48 hours,

but the red Temp Alarm Light will continue to blink.

Your freezer may have a 9volt backup battery located behind the kickplate, lower r.h. side - when the battery storage is depleted - it may cause an indicator to flash - replace it with a battery that measures over 9 volts

Your freezer may have a 9volt backup battery

. . . his model is the "older style" Frigidaire :confused: