Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Dryer - Poor drying

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dolomite

dolomite

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

Hi, I hope that some one can help me with this issue. My Whirlpool Duet dryer is not drying well and water is gathering in the Vent hose. This is the second time that it has happened. Maybe a year ago, it did the same thing and I cleaned and drained the hose. It started working fine again. Is this a common thing with this Dryer?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,559 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

First order of business: Since you posted a topic without providing a model number per stated rules :Posted Image

now that we got that out of the way, did you clean your entire vent system, including part running through house/wall. And if I am understanding you correctly, you are complaining about cleaning vent once a year? That should be the minimum time in which you clean vent. Is your vent hose crimped any? Are your clothes reasonably wringed before attempting to dry?

Now if your model is a steamer dryer and you did not post a model number.....well:
Posted Image

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 28 February 2011 - 08:46 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 dolomite

dolomite

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

Sorry, my model number is GEW9200LW1. I only cleaned out the vent hose. I did not clean the entire vent system. It is not that I am complaining about having to clean the vent hose.
I just wasn't aware that it was something that had to be done regularly. To clean the Entire Vent system do I take off the bottom Panel?

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,559 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:06 AM

I mean clean the ventilation pipe that runs through the wall or floor. Remember, dryers dry primarily by moving air, secondarily by heat. So it is of utmost importance that your ventilation is good. If you know where the vent exhausts to the outside of your house, take a look at it and see if air is coming out when dryer is running. Even if you think hot air is coming out, it is a good idea to blow out the ventilation pipe. You can do this with a leaf blower or a shop vac on reverse. Stick the blower nozzle in the vent (where your hose from the dryer connects to the wall/floor) surround the nozzle with a cloth or something to block gap between vent hole and nozzle and turn blower on. Low at first then on high but being careful not to damage your vent line if it is of the old plastic variety (need to change it anyhow to metal). If you feel a lot of blow back then you may have a clogged line...continue until you clear any obstruction. Reconnect hose from dryer to vent hole, making sure your hose is not kinked or crimped. See if this solves your problem.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 dolomite

dolomite

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics