Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

splice

Burned Out Heater Relay - Bosch DW SHE44C05UC/40

6 posts in this topic

Traced an E1 (failing heater) error code to the Control Module. Popped it open and found that the pin out of the heater relay had arced and disintegrated back into the relay body. PCB looks OK but the relay is toast. Not enough material to re-solder the pin. Can't find the 6VDC version of the relay on the net. A post on a different forum stated that the manufacturer (Song Chuan) does not sell the 6VDC version in the US. Could only find 12VDC and 24VDC versions.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. You sell the replacement control module. Does your replacement unit have any engineering changes to prevent this from happening again. The heater draws 10A which is the maximum rating on the relay. Whatever happened to the 80% design rule?
  2. I read somewhere else on this forum that there was a recall to replace the CM due to potential fire hazard. There is nothing on the Bosch Appliance website about this. I will call tomorrow. Do you have any further information?

Thanks for a great website.

Splice

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Can't find the 6VDC version of the relay on the net.

what are the part numbers on the Relay ?

The relay manufacturer and part number is: Song Chuan 899-1C-F-C 6VDC coil.

Splice

Found a replacement relay at Newark Eelctronics. Newark part number: 81C8194. Price $4.69 each. NTE part number: R46-5D12-6. Contact rating is 12A@120VAC which is two more than the original. It is pin for pin compatible and works perfectly. The measured amperage draw from the heater is 9.5A.

Newark reference: http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=81C8194

Thanks for posting the outcome !!

:woohoo: