Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore portable washer not pumping water out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mac42718

mac42718

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

I've got a call to look at a Kenmore portable washer model 110.44182401. The complaint is that the machine is not pumping the water out. The owner is also unsure of whether the washer is even trying to go into the spin cycle. I've got plenty of experience with fixing regular whirlpool direct drive washers and how to break into them. However, this washer has got me a little bit concerned. For instance, do I gain access to the pump through the bottom of the machine? Also, how do I get the top off to change check out the lid switch? I've been looking over the schematics, but does anyone have any tips or suggestions for how to gain access to this machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

I don't know who really made this
Whirlpool 22″ COMPACT AUTOMATIC WASHER L-74 Service Manual c.2004
link PM'd 27 MB

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

That's a Mexican built "World Washer" - pump is lower rear access from underneath (mtg screws are on back)
Unplug machine, select H/C temps, turn cycle selector to 3 o'clock position, plug unit in (an indicator light will come on) perss and hold the button adjacent to the indicator, and at the same time turn the cycle selector to 4 o'clock position, continue to hold the button down for 4 seconds.
Machine should now be in diagnostic - each selection of the temp selector will operate a different function of machine (fill, agitate, drain' spin) you can toggle the function on or off by pressing the start button in each temp selection (jam something into lid switch so you can watch it).
Note that water fills from bottom, so you will be able to hear it but not see it filling
If you try to just start a cycle to observe it, you will have to wait the whole cycle to see functions as there is no way to advance it.
Hopefully it will be a kinked/twisted drain hose (common) or something jammed in the pump.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

OK - ignore my previous directions as I posted them prior to seeing the picture Reg posted and those instructions are for the older style control - this one is similar, but I can't recall which 2 buttons you hold for diagnostics. They all have (had) tech sheets in them(pasted in bag to inner cabinet) - you should be able to find the tech sheets if you tip the unit back and look from underneath.
If you need to open the top, remove the 4 screws along the back of top - lift rear of top and slide back, but you need to reach in while you do this to disconnect small harness from lidswitch.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics