Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung RS267LASH Refrigerator - both compartments warming up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calder

Calder

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Looking for any help?

I have a Samsung RS267LASH side-by-side fridge freezer. The basic problem seems to be that it is not recognising the temperature is rising in either the fridger or the freezer.

Last night the front panel said the temperature is at the set temperature (-2 for the freezer and 38 for the fridge), but ice pops in the freezer were soft, so I know it is not correct.

I pulled the plug from the wall and waited 10 minutes.

Re-installed the plug, and the panel then showed the correct temperature (it was 30 in the freezer and 50 in the fridge), and after a short time it started cooling.

Temperature got back down to the set temperature. I had put thermometers inside to confirm this.

This morning it still showed it was at the correct temperature, but the extra thermometers showed it had warmed up again. When I unplugged it agan and re-started it, it is now 27 and 41. This time it doesn't seem to want to cool it down. I will be trying to re-set it again, to try and get it to cool.

I saw a link to a service manual in another thread, but the link didn't work.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

I don't know the answer for that problem on Samsungs (maybe another Master does)
For manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Calder

Calder

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

I've been doing a lot of on-line research, and it looks like the most common fix for similar problems is to replace the Computer Board.

I'm assuming the sensors are all working correctly because the front panel does read the temperature correctly for both the fridge and freezer..

I'm assuming the cooling system is working OK, since it does cool when it is re-set (sometimes, but not always).

The fan does work. I've seen it working.

It is something common to both circuits (fridge and freezer).

A couple of questions of the experts:

1) Is it a reasonable idea to replace the computer board to see if it fixes the problem, or am I just going to waste good money. I realize it may be something else, but is it worth a try, or is it extremely unlikely to fix the problem?

2) The board in the fridge is a DA41-00104W (it was a lot of work trying to find it). I am assuming I should replace like with like. A lot of places I have found call out board DA41-00104M. Anyone know what the difference is? The latter DA41-00104M seems to be the cheaper of the two.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,852 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Sounds like a problem with the fridge warming up in general, da? I would start with the basics before we start replacing parts: clean the condenser, make sure the condenser fan is running, check the frost pattern on the evaporator coil. Grok on these things, grasshoppah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics