Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Another Bosch Dishwasher SHU43C02UC problem...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

If I come across short, please excuse me. I am just so pissed with my dishwasher.

Here is my story, I installed a Bosch SHU43C02UC in late 12/2006.
About a month ago it stopped draining properly, but still draining some water. I was thinking a clog.
To check for a clog I removed the entire drain line from the rear of the dishwasher to the disposal and sucked it with my shop vac. No clogs. I called in my "Bosch Authorized Repairman." He looks at it and tells me it is my control module. I bought a new control module directly from Bosch and installed it today. Now, it runs the cycle completely, but it does not drain at all. It does run better with new control module. With the old control module, during the drain cycle the pump would turn off and on constantly, as if searching for the right gear. Can anyone help me with my problem? Thank you.

Phil

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

during the drain cycle the pump would turn off and on constantly, as if searching for the right gear.

Most of the newer ones (including yours I think) will cycle the pump on and off several times at the beginning of a drain cycle, but they have also changed up impeller profiles several times, I have replaced many pumps in those because the impellers slip on the shaft
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

Did this "Bosch Authorized Repairman", know anything about the repair recall on the control board?

Your model is one that is on the repair recall list depending on your date code, (if FD8205 thru FD8507 the control board should have been replaced for free).

http://microsites.bo...all/dishwasher/

Bosch home appliances have announced a voluntary recall to repair certain Bosch dishwashers manufactured from May 1999 - July 2005.

You installed yours 12/2006, it could have been built before July 2005 and been in a warehouse somewhere.

Go to the above website and put your model and serial number in and if it comes up that it is under the recall you should talk to this "Bosch Authorized Repairman" about getting your money back.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Most of the newer ones (including yours I think) will cycle the pump on and off several times at the beginning of a drain cycle, but they have also changed up impeller profiles several times, I have replaced many pumps in those because the impellers slip on the shaft

I know what you mean, it has always cycled the pump at the beginning, when you first start the dishwasher. I am talking at the very end of any wash cycle, when it empties the dirty water or rinse water.

#5 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

Did this "Bosch Authorized Repairman", know anything about the repair recall on the control board?

Your model is one that is on the repair recall list depending on your date code, (if FD8205 thru FD8507 the control board should have been replaced for free).

http://microsites.bo...all/dishwasher/

You installed yours 12/2006, it could have been built before July 2005 and been in a warehouse somewhere.

Go to the above website and put your model and serial number in and if it comes up that it is under the recall you should talk to this "Bosch Authorized Repairman" about getting your money back.

Thanks Willie, but not sure it matters since this is my 3rd control board.

#6 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

My serial number is FD8610 00781 --it is not included in the recall. :(

#7 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

I removed the drain pump. I did not find any blockage or gunk. The impeller does turn, but not easily. It spins as if it is spring loaded.

I posted a video of me trying to spin the impeller. I hope you can see what I mean. Link to video

Here is a still picture of the impeller. If that helps diagnose my problem. Posted Image

Thanks.

Phil

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

That's the magnetic resistance in the motor field. The real test is to run the pump with it out of the dishwasher and see if it acts like this one:

Posted Image
(click to watch)

If so, come git you a new drain pump ==> http://www.repaircli...nd-Motor/935403

#9 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

Thanks. Check out my video of my motor running outside the dishwasher.

My motor is making a noise similar to the KitchenAid motor, but not as pronounced. Listen carefully and let me know if the motor is shot. thanks. Bad Motor? One other thing, I have the meter connected, which proves there is 123.9VAC at the motor. At least I know I got the correct voltage.

I apologize for the jumpiness, I did not have enough arms to make a better video.

Thanks for the help.

Phil

#10 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

Here is a better quality video of the motor running. For some reason the motor's noise is more pronounced than it sounds live. I don't know why. Better quality video

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Video doesn't work for me - put pump back in dishwasher, pour some water into dishwashe and power pump with a cheater cord (repeat several time if necessary) Does it fail to pump out all the water ? - replace pump

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#12 ME_Phil

ME_Phil

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

I uploaded the video to youtube. Here is the link video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics