Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tessa

Frigidaire washer won't agitate

6 posts in this topic

My top-load stacked frigidaire gallery series washer isn't working properly. It fills with water just fine but then it starts making a humming noise every few seconds like it's trying to start agitating, but then it doesn't end up doing anything. So if I turn the knob to drain it will drain and then spin dry normally. But why won't it agitate? The lid switch is fine, the belt is fine. I've opened the washer to check. The problem seems to be that the drum will spin one way, but not the other as it needs to in agitate mode. Does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix it? Thank you

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your Attention Please

When starting a new topic, please be sure to include your complete model number. For model number help, please see this page.

The model number is GCET1031FS2, I think. I found that model number inside the door of the dryer, I couldn't find it anywhere on the washer and they're stacked.

See if you can remove this:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Agitator-Component/407360?modelNumber=GCET1031FS2

01124245.jpg

There will be a bolt in the centre - I have seen items get caught underneath and lock it up - if it still refuses to run in wash with the agitator removed, then I'm afraid it could be curtains for your transmission :sad:

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Transmission-Brake-or-Clutch-Component/1191298?modelNumber=GCET1031FS2

00557638.jpg

Okay thank you *high five*. I'm going to see if I can get that thing off, I'll have to find the right tools first. I hope it's just something caught in it!

I have seen coins (quarters) get flipped up on edge and wedge between the tub and agitator, temporarily seizes transmission

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0