Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore stackable Laundry Center 417.93802200 Heating Element replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jestlilome

jestlilome

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Hi all,
I have a Kenmore stackable (Model 417.93802200 / sn: XE22003299. The heating element is out. This has happened before, and I replaced from the back of the unit. I have read here and several other places that it can be done from the front? If so, how hard is that to do? It don't sound bad, I'm more than a little mechanically inclined, but I'm not sure a 5'3" female can pull it off (removing the drum) by myself. On the other hand, because of the placement of the unit, it actually has to be picked up and over a toilet - took about 5 people last time. I would like to be able to fix this by myself without having to schedule a time when that many people can make it at the same time.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks!
Sherry

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

The only thing you should do from the back on these dryers is unstring the belt from the motor. The rest of the disassembly is according to the Frigidaire dryer instructions on this page==> http://fixitnow.com/...er-disassembly/

Here's the part link to the new heating element==> http://www.repaircli...ssembly/1553336

#3 jestlilome

jestlilome

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the reply - you know, the only part I've been able to find was that assembly that you posted a link to. But I do remember that last time I was able to buy just the coil. I distinctly remember snapping it into place. Do manufacturers change stuff like this on a regular basis?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

I think the mfg stopped selling just the heater coil because of premature failures from poor/incorrect installations, usually having to do with uneven tension, hotspots, sags, etc. Replacing the assembly is a much more reliable repair. Easier, too!

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:06 AM

The restring kit is still sold and the only thing I use, I've never had a problem with a restring.

The older ones use to have 1/4" terminals and come pre-stretched, it is the only one I stock and
use. I even use it to replace the newer one that has 5/16" terminals. The 5/16" spade connectors
push on and hold good and tight on the 1/4" element terminals and it is about half the price of
the new element that the only difference is the terminal size and the expensiver one doesn't come
pre-stretched.

Here's my parts notes for the elements:
Electrolux/Frigidaire Dryer element restring kits
WCI 5300622032 == 1/4" terminals -- can be used to replace 5/16" terminal element (best deal)
WCI 5300622034 == 5/16" terminals
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics